A Handicapped Inauguration
I write here to tell my story of the Inauguration. It may differ from most others that have been written, but all accounts are important. I especially want to thank the angels that were in the crowd to help Ellen and I on Inauguration Day. Warning: this post is very long.
The SuperSpade at the Inauguration
January 15, 2009
The SuperSpade will be covering the Inauguration Parade and Swearing In live and in person. My fiancee, mother, aunt, and I will be attending the official festivities with special seating thanks to the Presidential Classroom, a phenomenal program I participated in when I was in High School.
The coverage will be in the form of blog posts here, photos on Flickr, and posts/quotes/pics updated constantly on my Twitter feed.
Further, my personal Twitter feed will be syndicated by the San Josey Mercury Newspaper across the top of their homepage.
Brandon and I are looking forward to covering this historic event, and we’re glad you’ll be a part of our experience.
One Love. One II.
SuperSpade Quick Notes Summary for 2009-01-02
January 2, 2009
- Garlin is now twittering at @garlin; follow him there. @superspade will be used primarily for blog posts & updates going forward. #
January 1, 2009
Happy New Year from The SuperSpade.
I want to personally thank everyone on behalf of Brandon and I for continuing to support our efforts from the time we started this site in November 2005.
2008 was an exciting, inspiring, challenging, and educational year for all of us. As we look ahead to 2009, we can only pray that this year builds upon all those years previous.
I’m not big on resolutions, but there are certain commitments that I’d like to share with you that I want to help guide my thoughts and actions in the coming year.
- The simplest solution is usually the correct one.
- Err on the side of decisiveness.
- Let go of what you can’t impact.
- Long-term thinking does not replace present-day action.
- If you love someone, act on it.
Happy New Year family.
I look forward to having a great time on this site and having great conversations with all of you.
One Love. One II.
SuperSpade Quick Notes Summary for 2008-12-25
December 25, 2008
- Merry Christmas! #
SuperSpade Quick Notes Summary for 2008-12-18
December 18, 2008
- @ch3ryl What would be the impact on the Net Neutrality movement if Google was to actually cease being a corporate ally? #NNLessig in reply to ch3ryl #
SuperSpade Quick Notes Summary for 2008-12-15
December 15, 2008
- Last day to vote for G to win the Wedding of a Lifetime! http://bit.ly/wedding-of-a-lifetime (via @garlinii) in reply to garlinii #
- Being on injured reserve forces you to appreciate the small, important things, like snow beautifully topping the Washington evergreens. #
SuperSpade Quick Notes Summary for 2008-12-13
December 13, 2008
- Doc tells me I’m out ’til February! Why does soft tissue take so long to heal? (via @garlinii) in reply to garlinii #
SuperSpade Quick Notes Summary for 2008-12-12
December 12, 2008
- Thanks for continuing to vote for my fiancee & I to win the Wedding of a Lifetimehttp://bit.ly/wedding-of-a-lifetime. 2 voting days left! #
SuperSpade Quick Notes Summary for 2008-12-10
December 10, 2008
- @nezua I feel u. I’ve been down a week now bit still haven’t built up blogging strength. Get well soon. #